CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A new day has begun!!!

PKEY 3101 - Technology in Primary Education is a new subject for me for this semester. Before entering this class, I’ve set my mind that “Yes! This is the class that I really want to enter”. Why is it so? I think this is the only opportunity for me to learn more everything about technology. This is due to the lack of time to register for any technology courses and it is quite costly to enter that course. If I want to learn it by myself like asking for my friends’ help and exploring the technology independently, I think it is not enough as personally I think that formal education is important in order to gain the wider knowledge about technology. There is one thing that also makes me wonder which is who will be taught us for this subject. Nobody knew who she is until she introduced herself.Prof Dr Raja Maznah bt Raja Hussein. In this subject, we will learn about how we are going to integrate technology in our teaching and learning activity. As a new teacher going to be, we should creative and not just depend on chalk and blackboard. Am I right? However, for this first lecture, Prof Dr Raja Maznah has suggested us to be a SMART teacher in order to teach young learners by building the skills through P.L.E.A.S.E. After I’m looking back at the concept of PLEaSE, I could say that teacher should design activities that make pupils engange and try the activities by themselves.
# How technology is going to affect how your students are going to be learning?

If I had to answer this question 10 years ago, I would say that technology would not affect the teaching and learning process so much. This is because the technology is not as advanced as nowadays. Teacher just relies on the traditional methods like teaching aids, cue cards, posters and etc. But, if I’m a primary school student in 2008, I really hope that my teacher will use any kind of technology in our lesson. Personally, I do not want to be left. Honestly, I think technology is very important as the globalization is changing rapidly. Advance country like Japan is few steps forward than us. The impact is not just for us but also for the students.
By applying technology in our class, some information that cannot be shown directly to the students, can give them opportunity to ‘look’ at it. For example, if we want to teach repeating pattern, we can show the video of traffic light, the day and night phenomena and etc. Hence, the students can understand better the concept of repetition and our lesson will become smoothly. Is it rite?

# How you as a teacher will be learning?

Of course I want to improve my knowledge about technology. I’m quite jealous with one of my friends as he has used internet since he was 8 years old.(yes, Joshua. It’s you =p) this subject really gives me opportunity to gain more knowledge. I’m lucky because I have Prof Dr Raja Maznah as my lecturer and the facilitators that going to me. I also have a lot of friends that very expert in this field. Thanks to you guys =) I hope I can learn more from all of you.

1 comments:

Balqis Adila said...

hye suhaili..
you are absolutely correct, it is a must for us as a teacher to be as creative as possible because we have to get ready with surprise or unexpected responses from the students. Sometimes,what we have planned does not work at all. it depends on the situation. So, our creativity is really needed at that time. Me too, i feel quite jealous with whom have very good skills and knowledge about ICT. But, don't worry to much because practise makes perfect. if we practise and explore it, we manage to be like them,InsyaAllah.
All the best to you,Suhaili.