CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

TENTH WEEK LECTURE



  On 17th of September lecture, we have to make sure that our assignment is 80% done as Prof Maznah randomly will choose anyone of us to present in front of the class. She has informed us earlier so that we can get prepared with our work. Personally, I am quite worried if I am the lucky one to present in front of the class.  However, Prof Maznah has changed her mind as she asked us to choose the best among the best of the assignment within our group. In my group, we discuss to choose Husna’s work. We choose her work because her activities are linked to each other and she has variety of activities in her assignment.

          While other friends presenting, we have to evaluate and give comments to our friends’ presentation. Prof Maznah asked us to tell them two good and bad things about their presentation. I found that it is important to have this session as we will think and reflect back our work. Even though we are commenting other’s people work, actually this is our opportunity to think again on our work. Some of good things about their presentation that can I use are the suitability of content to students, the colourful and attractiveness of pictures as well as the exploitation of using SMARTBOARD. Meanwhile, for the bad things, some of the group did not consider the font size, the colour of the background, the instruction given and so on. I realized that simple and little things did not take seriously while designing the activities. For us, maybe it is suitable and ok but we did not consider that the students are primary students. For example, the colour and hethe font size. For us, maybe the size can be seen at the back but for them, they may struggle while looking at it. Besides, the font also need to be considered which are we can use Comic Sans MS. This is because the font is related with them as other font like Arial and Times New Roman are not suitable to be used.

          From the presentation, I became aware with my works. so, I decided to look again and modify the parts that has been commented in the classroom. For good and bad things, I alter it again so that the activities suited and can be successfully achieved by the students. The knowledge that I gain on that day were beneficial to be used in the future. Now, I know that if we want to design activities for students, we have to think the students’ view and not simply design what we want to design. Moreover, after the presentation, I found that actually they are many things can be done using SMARTboard. If before this I did not know that what kind of activities can be done by using the “tirai”, after one of my friends use it for her assignment, I have gain new knowledge from her. However, I cannot use it for my activities but I will use it one day as knowledge is beneficial in anytime.

0 comments: