CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Week five ~ SMART BOARD COURSE

Today is the day where we send the video clip assignment. Actually, I am quite nervous because I am worry if they are no viewers want to view my video if it will be uploaded in youtube. (I have updated this entry and this is the url to link to my video entitled: Like and Dislike http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba2slijDwj0 ) When I sent my assignment, I feel satisfied with work. This is because I have considered the criteria to produce this video clip. Prof Maznah gave us some questions to be pondered while producing the video clip.

is it appropriate to have the video when the content can be delivered easily with a demonstration or a picture or a book?

            Luckily, I found this reminder. So, since my topic is about hobbies, I modify the hobbies which cannot be delivered without using the video clip. That is why I chose hobbies like surfing the net, surfing at the sea, scuba diving, ice climbing and so on. These hobbies cannot be delivered without using the video clip. If the hobbies can be demonstrated without using video using, so there is no purpose we use video clip to teach them as it is easier to convey it in the class.

 


We have been told that for this week we will have a short course about using Smartboard. Actually this is our second time having this course as the first time has been done while we were in IPIK. Still, the course is held in MU. Our presenter for this course is Ms Fenny. She also has met us before as she was the presenter for our last course.

What make me wonder is the difference between the first and the second course. At first, I think maybe our lecturer wants us to master the Smartboard very well and that is make her to have another course for us. Yes. Miss Fenny told us that that the Smartboard has been upgraded to 10.0. There are some features has been added in this new Smartboard. So, that is why we have this short course.

I am quite impressed with her presentation on using Smartboard. I wonder if I can use Smartboard smartly like her. Then, she told us that she has presented many courses and that makes her improve her presentation. So, I realize that if we want to be a good presenter, we have to try it more often and believe with ourselves. I hope one day I can use and master the usage of Smartboard.

This course is only about three hours. Within this time, we get opportunity to design activities using Smartboard. Personally, it is quite difficult for me to use the functions in the Smartboard. This is because I do not know how to use it. Even though Fenny has taught us earlier, I still need guidance to use as I am a person who needs to try first by myself until I understand to use. However, my group members help me in order to use it. Now, I started to think. How am I going to use Smartboard for my students if I am master to use it? It makes me excited to learn more on how to use Smartboard.

0 comments: